IoT Software Architect
📍 Mollet del Valles (Barcelona), Spain
🏠 Hybrid Working
🌎 Global tech company founded in 2011
🌱 Our mission is to shape the future through technology
We are seeking an experienced IoT SW Architect who has a deep understanding of IoT applications and architectures.
- Design and architect IoT solutions for medical devices that meet regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create technical requirements and specifications for IoT systems.
- Develop IoT software for cloud and embedded Linux device architectures, and work with teams to ensure successful integration.
- Design and develop security measures for IoT solutions, including secure communication protocols and data encryption.
- Implement and manage over-the-air (OTA) updates for IoT devices using different commercial OTA systems platforms for embedded Linux devices, such as Mender, Balena, and Resin.io, and ensure smooth and secure delivery of updates to connected devices.
- Provide clear and comprehensive documentation of designs, code, and implementation details, and ensure that documentation is up-to-date and accessible to relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate in the definition and execution of the technological roadmap of the company
- Provide technical guidance to team members and support staff, and mentor junior developers as needed.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in IoT technologies, and provide thought leadership in the field.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- At least 6 years of experience in software development focused on IoT applications and architectures.
- Strong understanding of cloud and embedded Linux device architectures, and experience designing and developing solutions for both environments.
- Demonstrated expertise in programming languages commonly used in IoT development, such as Python, C++, and Java.
- Experience with IoT platforms, such as AWS IoT, Microsoft Azure IoT, or Google Cloud IoT Core.
- Understanding of IoT security best practices, including secure communication protocols and data encryption.
- Experience implementing and managing customized OTA updates for IoT devices or by using commercial or open-source OTA systems platforms for embedded Linux devices, such as Mender, Balena, and SWUpdate.org.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and provide technical guidance to team members and support staff.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong documentation skills to ensure clear and comprehensive documentation of designs, code, and implementation details.
- Experience with medical device regulations and standards, such as EN62034 standard, is a plus.
- Knowledge of embedded Linux distributions, such as Yocto, Buildroot, and experience with customizing and building embedded Linux systems is a plus.
- The position requires full professional proficiency in English.
What we offer?
- Flexible working hours.
- Hybrid model work.
- Flexible payment plan which includes: restaurant vouchers, health insurance, training, childcare. All these benefits are now offer through Cobee. No paperwork or red tape, you only need your Cobee card and your mobile app.
- Local gym discounts.
- A huge amount of days off & two friday afternoon
- Our dress code: casual is the new trendy!
- Canteen with a variety of breakfast and lunch dishes for a great discounted price and free fresh fruit twice a week.
- Stable employment contract and professional development opportunity in an international growing company.
- Work in a young and dynamic environment, with a team of highly qualified and committed professionals.
- People development is key for us: we offer you a dedicated training program for the job and professional development.
- Brand new offices in Mollet del Vallès (just 25 minutes driving from Barcelona city) with free outdoor parking.
Idneo Technologies is a global company founded in 2011 offering comprehensive technology services specialized in the design, development, certification and manufacturing of value-added technology products and services.
Technology is changing the world and we want to contribute to this evolution adding value on what we do the best. Our mission is to support our clients transforming their businesses by integrating innovative and customized technology solutions. Our headquarters are based in Mollet del Valles (Barcelona) and we are a team of over 550 professionals ready to shape the future together. We are organized by business units because our potential is diverse and we are experts in engineering applied to mobility, medtech and industrial markets.
We look for people that are not afraid to test the limits and make mistakes, who enjoy challenges and believe in themselves, willing to add, share and respect, and are passionate about technology. We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. This is how the good ideas come by! If you identify with these values and you want to be part of the future, we would love to meet you!
In Idneo we look for people that are not afraid to test the limits and make mistakes, who enjoy challenges and believe in themselves, willing to add, share and respect, passionate about technology.
And, overall, good people, who are committed to their projects and people.
If you identify yourself with these values and would like to be part of a fast and agile work environment in constant evolution, we would love to meet you!