Functional Safety Engineer
At Idneo we are involved in a unique project focused on developing a standard and compact solution that will revolutionize the world of electric vehicles. You will be involved in the development of products such as DC/DC converters, BMS, onboard chargers, etc.
We are looking for a Technical role responsible for requirement analysis, high quality and robust low level design development and Functional Safety ISO26262 analysis within Body Control Module product line. You will be involved in all phases of electronic project from first prototype concept for development and integration through pre-series builds for series production including EMC compliance with industry and OEM standards.
Your tasks will include:
- Development of safety concepts and safety architectural design for automotive Electronic Control Units (ECUs) up to ASIL D in accordance with the standard ISO 26262.
- Lead and coordinate hardware and software solutions to enable company product compliance with ISO 26262.
- Foster the safety culture in the organization (deployment of trainings inside the organization).
- Participating in ISO 26262 standard related conferences.
- Derivation, elicitation and analysis of safety requirements in accordance with the state-of-the-art of automotive standards (SPICE V-model).
- Execution of safety analyses such as FTA, FMEA, DFA and FMEDA.
- Performing and coordinating verification and confirmation reviews.
- Supporting functional safety audits and assessments internally and with 3rd party assessors.
- Ensure safety case completion.
- Analyze and manage project requirements with IBM Rational DOORS tool and propose circuits / solutions implementing these requirements.
- Analyze critical circuits with simulation tools (OrCAD PSPICE, PSIM, sensitivity analysis, Montecarlo analysis).
(*) The described functions are only the most representative for this position; therefore they should not be understood as all the inherent functions related to this job position.
You are a seasoned hardware engineer with 3 or more years of experience working as hardware designer and you are specialised in Functional Safety. University Engineering Degree in SW Engineering/Computer Science or Telecommunications is a must. We also look for:
- Strong technical education or background in Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunication Engineering.
- Independent, systematic and process-oriented approach, great initiative and sense or responsibility.
- Strong team and communications skills.
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions or departments.
- Knowledge in the field of embedded systems development.
- Experience in the automotive sector.
- Strong knowledge of the ISO 26262 or IEC61508.
- Experience in performing safety analyses (FMEA, FTA, FMEDA and DFA).
- Knowledge in reliability engineering is a plus.
- Pasionate about continuous learning and fostering safety culture.
What we offer?
- Full flexible working hours.
- Flexible compensation plan which includes: restaurant vouchers, health insurance, training, childcare. We offer all these benefits through Cobee all the benefits that we offer are now in one place. No paperwork or red tape, you only need your Cobee card and your mobile app.
- Wellbeing activities: yoga and mindfulness classes,, healthy tips each month, padel tournaments and more!
- Opportunity to advance your payroll (under request).
- A huge amount of days off.
- Our dress code: casual is the new trendy!
- Canteen with a variety of breakfast and lunch dishes for a great discounted price.
- Stable employment contract and professional development opportunity in an international growing company.
- Work in a young and dynamic environment, with a team of highly qualified and committed professionals.
- Two friday afternoons off per month.
- People development is key for us: we offer you a dedicated training program for the job and professional development.
- Brand new offices in Mollet del Vallès (just 25 minutes driving from Barcelona city) with free outdoor parking.
In Idneo we look for people that are not afraid to test the limits and make mistakes, who enjoy challenges and believe in themselves, willing to add, share and respect, passionate about technology. And, over all, good people, who are committed to their projects and people.
If you identify yourself with these values, and would like to be part of a fast and agile work environment in constant evolution, we would love to meet you!